This section documents the MDOT Negative Community Impact caused by MDOT and their continuing scams! Here is a partial, and growing list of Negative Real Estate Impact amounting to > 2,000,000+ square feet of available real estate within a 3 mile radius of Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airport, and there are many more For Sale, For Rent, and For Lease signs all over the Canton and Plymouth communities! Additionally, there are so many Help Wanted signs too!
MDOT Lead Poisoning Folly – Table of Contents
Here is a brief Table of Contents (ToC) for documenting the MDOT Lead Poisoning Folly and the supporting Pages in an index-outline form to show that MDOT has consistently done and continues to do the wrong thing(s), even when the opportunity appears:
- MDOT Lead Poisoning – MDOT Acquiesce, Malpractice & Negligence
- Negative Community Impact – Deter high-tech development & investment
- MDOT Toxic Emissions Inventory at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2
- MASP 2017 Scam – Phony stats, estimates, classification, excessive bloated budget
- Pilot Shortage Task Group Scam – Phony study, NOT a taxpayer problem
- Cyclic 40 Year Aviation Demand – Well known in aviation industry
- Michigan Jobs – MDOT Task Group jobs NOT critical OR related to MI recovery
Tell MDOT to STOP poisoning our children with 100LL leaded aviation fuel NOW!
Tell Governor Whitmer to STOP MDOT from lead poisoning our children NOW!
Negative Real Estate ImpactCanton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 Negative Real Estate Impact
|Real Estate Co.||Property||Address||sq/ft - ft²|
|Total||1,815,150 sq ft|
|Newmark Knight Frank RE||Previously Durr Systems|
|40600 Plymouth Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170||260,000 sq ft, 20.36 acres, $12,700,000|
|Mid-America RE||Shoppes of Plymouth||110 Ann Arbor Road & Lilley Road, Plymouth, MI 48170||17,150 sq ft|
|Grand Sakwa RE||Previously Kmart|
|40855 Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth, MI||108,000 sq ft|
|Crute Properties||Previously Burroughs||41100 Plymouth Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170||800,000 sq ft|
|Newmark Knight Frank RE ,|
Thomas S. Oldham, Senior Managing Director
|Previously Mobis NA||9075 N Haggerty Rd|
Plymouth, MI 48170
|414,000 sq ft, 30.2 acres, $10.1m|
|Premier Realty||Plymouth Commerce Park & Industrial Center|
|13101 Eckles Road, Plymouth MI, 48170||450,000 sq ft|
Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor, MI Ranked #14 Amongst U.S. Most Polluted Cities Highlighting Environmental Local Issues
America’s Health Rankings (AHR) published recently [annual report [pdf] [exec summary pdf]. Michigan was ranked #34 as cardiovascular death rates continue to move in the wrong direction. Amongst the most polluted U.S. cities, e.g. with the worst particulate matter (PM) air pollution, the Motor City (Detroit) and its neighbors (Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor, MI) ranked 14th out of 187 metro areas for annual particle pollution levels, but scored somewhat better when it comes to high ozone days: 40th out of 227.
Additionally, America’s Health Rankings (AHR) published specialized, and more detailed reports regarding Seniors and those that have served their country:
- 2018 Senior Report (html)
- 2018 Senior Report (pdf)
- 2018 Senior Report Executive Summary (pdf)
- 2018 Health Of Those Who Have Served Report (html)
- 2018 Health of Those Who Have Served Report (pdf)
- 2018 Health of Those Who Have Served Report Executive Summary (pdf)
The American Lung Association (ALA) [ChristmasSeals] [Facebook] [Twitter] [Wikipedia] published The State of the Air 2018 [html] [pdf], this coupled with a December 2018 paper by Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, A mountain of evidence on air pollution’s harms to children [html], organizes the available scientific evidence on the effects of air pollution on children’s health. The study [ScienceDirect] is the first comprehensive review of the associations between various fossil fuel combustion pollutants and multiple health effects in children in the context of assessing the impact of air pollution.
Pollution of any kind in Michigan continues to be a problem that our State of Michigan Departments and Elected Officials continue to ignore. The situation has gotten to a point where it threatens the recovery of Detroit, Wayne County, Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, Southeast Michigan, and the entire State of Michigan for that matter. Warren Evans [Twitter] [Wikipedia], Wayne County Executive, has pleaded with Governor Rick Snyder [contact] [Facebook] [Wikipedia]: don’t make Wayne County a radioactive dump. With friends like this in Lansing, who needs enemies?
2018 National Movers Study – Michigan #10 Outbound Moves Nationally
Americans are on the move, but where are they moving to and from? A 2018 National Movers Study | United Van Lines (html) shows the top outbound states, e.g. where people are ‘moving out’, for 2018 included Michigan at #10. Several stats related to why people are moving include:
- Primary Reason For moving (majority being Job and Family)
- Age Ranges
- Income brackets
Since 1977, United Van Lines has annually tracked migration patterns on a state-by-state basis. The 2018 study is based on household moves handled by United within the 48 contiguous states and Washington, D.C. and ranks states based off the inbound and outbound percentages of total moves in each state. United classifies states as “high inbound” if 55 percent or more of the moves are going into a state, “high outbound” if 55 percent or more moves were coming out of a state or “balanced” if the difference between inbound and outbound is negligible.
A bit of good news, if that is possible, is that while outbound movement was at 55%, Inbound is at 45%. Michigan seems to be getting closer to stemming and ultimately reversing outbound trend.
The Rivian Corporation in Plymouth Township, Michigan
Rivian is an American automotive technology company with research and development operations in Plymouth Township, Michigan; San Jose, California; and Irvine, California. Rivian also has a factory in Normal, Illinois, and an engineering facility in the United Kingdom.
Rivian is creating world class Trucks R1T and R1S SUV EVs, and is located at 13250 Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170 (street|satellite) which was previously the old Burroughs plant, 41100 Plymouth Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, that has a total of ~800,000 sq ft. [Bloomberg] [Car and Driver] [Edmunds] [Facebook] [Forbes] [Glassdoor] [Instagram] [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Vimeo] [Wikipedia], and has about 350 employees in Plymouth.
See Negative Community Impact for old Burroughs property details. MDOT must realize they risk scaring away world class corporations by keeping Canton Plymouth mettetal 1d2 airstrip open close to corporations like Rivian. The Rivian corporation Head Quarters is roughly 1.6 miles away, well within the three mile radius of dangerous lead poisoning from Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip that will chase away employees and any other companies!
Here is a brief timeline history of the Rivian presence in South East Michigan (Plymouth Township, Michigan):
- 2017 – EV startup Rivian buys old Mitsubishi plant in Normal, Illinois (Autoblog)
- 2018 – Inside Rivian’s plan to challenge Detroit and electrify the American truck & SUV (Teslarati)
- 2018 – Plymouth-based auto company Rivian to unveil 2 electric vehicles later this month (ClickOnDetroit)
- 2018 – LA Auto Show: Rivian unveiling electric truck (HomeTownLife)
- 2018 – An inside look at Rivian’s EV ambitions from AI batteries to electric jet skis (TechCrunch)
- 2018 – Rivian’s battery pack technology is more advanced than we thought and that’s awesome – (Cnet Roadshow)
- 2018 – Michigan-based startup Rivian unveils a pricey electric pickup (CNN)
- 2018 – Rivian Wants to Do for Pickups What Tesla Did for Cars (WIRED)
- 2018 – Rivian R1T First Look: Trucks go electric (YouTube) 4:24.
- 2019 – This Lone Rivian R1T Electric Truck Video Shows All (InsideEVs)
- 2019 – FIRST EVER Electric Pickup Truck – 2021 RIVIAN R1T (YouTube)
- 2019 – Designed in Detroit, Rivian pickup, SUV plug in for adventure (metromode)
- 2019 – The North American International Auto Show, One Detroit (PBS) 26:46.
- 2019 – Rivian | One Detroit Clip (YouTube) 3:54.
- 2019 – WATCH: Electric Vehicle Maker Rivian Profiled In Our Detroit Public Television Debut (DailyDetroit)
- 2019 – Electric Rivian R1S, R1T might be attractive to Amazon, GM (HomeTownLife)
- 2019 – Amazon to lead $700M investment in electric vehicle startup Rivian (Detroit Free Press)
- 2019 – GM, Amazon eye electric-truck maker Rivian (Detroit News)
- 2019 – Plymouth Township-based Rivian lands $700 million investment commitment led by Amazon (Crains Detroit)
- 2019 – GM, Amazon eye Plymouth-based electric truck maker Rivian (Crains Detroit)
- 2019 – Electric pickup maker Rivian gets $700M from Amazon, others (Detroit News)
- 2019 – Amazon Leads $700 Million Raised by Rivian, Electric Truck Maker (Bloomberg)
- 2019 – Amazon Leads Investment Round Of $700 Million In Electric Vehicle Startup Rivian (Forbes)
- 2019 – Amazon Invests in Rivian, a Tesla Rival in Electric Vehicles (The New York Times)
- 2019 – Rivian Founder Now Has Amazon Backing His Electric Vehicles (Bloomberg)
- 2019 – Rivian announces $700 million investment round led by Amazon (CNBC)
- 2019 – Amazon leads $700 million investment into electric pickup truck startup Rivian (VentureBeat)
Let’s hope that MDOT closes Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip and this has a happy ending for the residents of Michigan?
More information coming regarding the Negative Community Impact of Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip . . .
Henry Ford Health System to Build Outpatient Center at Former Kmart in Plymouth Township Less Than 1.5KM from Lead Poisoning at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip
A new Henry Ford Health System Outpatient Center to Be Built at Former Kmart in Plymouth Township is Less Than 1.5KM from Lead Poisoning at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip (GoogleMaps)!
- New Plymouth Township Medical Center | Henry Ford Health System – Detroit, MI (html)
- Henry Ford to build outpatient center at former Kmart in Plymouth Township (html)
- Henry Ford Health plans new center at former Plymouth Township Kmart (html)
- Henry Ford Medical Center – Plymouth | Henry Ford Health System – Detroit, MI (html)
Ford Motor Company in Dearborn Michigan Invests $500 Millions Dollars in Rivian In Plymouth Michigan
Everyone has to remember that once informed with the true medical, scientific, and technological facts regarding lead poisoning at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 are exposed, NOBODY, including those in the technical community, such as librarians, teachers, engineers, police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, technicians, software developers, professors, and scientists, want to live, raise a family, work, or shop near any lead and chemical contamination and poisoning.
MDOTs continued efforts to knowingly remaining silent (acquiesce) adding to the “Community Health Malpractice & Negligence” by utterly failing to promote and protect the Health, Safety, and Welfare of our most vulnerable populations including nearby PCCS school kids, babies, adolescents, families, nursing & pregnant mothers, retired & elderly at the many local assisted care living & rehabilitation facilities from toxic effects of lead pollution from 100LL aviation fuel used by aircraft, and helicopters at Plymouth-Canton Mettetal 1d2 airstrip threatens the recovery of South East Michigan and the entire State of Michigan.
Closure of the State of Michigan Owned Hobby, Sport, Recreational Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip are even more important given the latest news:
- Ford to invest $500 million in electric truck maker Rivian – CNBC
- Ford to Invest $500 Million in Rivian, a Tesla Rival – The New York Times
- Ford Invests $500 Million In Hot EV Truck Startup Rivian – Forbes
- Ford Reports Earnings Tomorrow. Here’s What to Expect. – Barron’s
- Ford earnings report Thursday could be most important in years – Detroit News
- Ford invests $500 million in electric car startup Rivian | Ars Technica
- Ford invests $500 million in electric pickup startup Rivian, will make an EV together – Electrek
- Ford invests $500 million in electric pickup truck maker Rivian – CNN
Take Action to Protect PCCS Schools & Canton Plymouth Community from Lead Poisoning & Chemical contamination: by making as many calls, sending as many emails, to as many recipients on the Contacts page to demand closure of the State of Michigan Owned Hobby, Sport, Recreational Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip.
While financial considerations are secondary to protecting Health, Safety, & Welfare of vulnerable populations, there is a also mandatory requirement to reorganize MDOT to remove the stranglehold of the MDOT bureaucracy on infrastructure essential to the Future of Michigan and place control back in the hands of Taxpayers and their elected officials!
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) Bureaucracy, as with all public servants, must abide by the highest standards of the State of Michigan (SoM) set forth by Governor Whitmer [PressRelease] [html] [pdf] [Ethics] and be held accountable for knowingly remaining silent (acquiesce) while contributing to the sum of Community Health, Safety, & Welfare negligence & malpractice, financial waste, misuse of taxpayer funds and the consequences of public funding abuse (html)!
Internet Blocking: Is It Embarrassment, Shame, Censorship, Politics, Or?
Due to increased traffic volumes some sites referenced below are now blocking (geo-block) access to their web site content. It is unclear if this is due to small infrastructure overload (sorry), embarrassment or shame, or political sensitivity [Political] [Facebook] [Chamber] [Political] regarding negative press that might scare away businesses, or just plain censorship to otherwise obscure, conceal, or even hide the truth about Lead Poisoning.
Blocking access for any of these reasons is pretty dumb in this day and age. Limiting access almost never works in the long run. Except by despots and dictators in third world autocracies. Listed below are the sites, their phone numbers, and email addresses so the public can call/send email to ask them “why can’t the Internet access important, relevant, and related content to PCCS School information as it relates to Child Lead Poisoning?” If you click the links below and the site does NOT respond within seconds, you are being blocked! NOTE: there are many links on this site related to the sites below that were previously blocked.
This should be embarrassing for all residents of the City of Plymouth and Plymouth Township. Why is there a need to block access to information about the place you live and the schools our children attend from public view. It’s time to ask your elected officials just that question! Very sad and disappointing behavior for such a great area.
City of Plymouth Michigan
201 S. Main
Plymouth, MI 48170
Paul Sincock, City Manager, email@example.com
Oliver Wolcott, Mayor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Plymouth Township offices
9955 N. Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170
Kurt Heise, Supervisor, email@example.com, +1-734-354-3201
Plymouth-Canton Community Schools (PCCS)
454 S Harvey St, Plymouth, MI 48170
Monica Merritt, Superintendent of Schools, Monica.Merritt@pccsk12.com
Plymouth Voice – contact (a small newspaper of the Associated Newspapers of Michigan, small budget/servers that might not handle the traffic, sorry) [Plymouth Voice]
Additionally, blocking information is NOT fair to Businesses interested in coming to the area as they are more sensitive than ever to lead and chemical contamination of schools and neighborhoods and are very concerned with sustainability or the lack thereof for the benefit of their employees, business surroundings, and general public exposure.
And it is NOT fair to businesses that are already here and want the world to know with certainty that their children, schools, businesses and their Health, Safety, and Welfare are secured by Local, County, and State governments.
This includes many businesses already located in the area, which are some of the largest in Canton Plymouth area, and Wayne County such as:
- Rivian – [Ford Motor Company] [Patch] [Detroit News] [Detroit Free Press] [CarMagazine] [DailyDetroit] [Wired] [Fox2] [Plymouth Voice] [InsideEVs] [USAToday]
- Webasto / Webasto Group – [MEDC] [MEDC] [DetroitNews] [WWJ] [PlymouthCoC]. Webasto Roof Systems Expands Manufacturing Complex in Plymouth Charter Township, Michigan – Area Development. The project is expected to generate a capital investment of almost $48 million and create 441 new jobs, resulting in a $2.7 million Michigan Business Development Program grant (pdf) [Mackinac Center] (pdf) [Michigan Auditor General] (pdf). In addition Plymouth Charter Township is supporting the project with a 50-percent Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption for up to 12 years. “Webasto has been a great long-time employer in Michigan. We look forward to them expanding their presence in Michigan with the addition of a major new facility in Wayne County,” said Wayne County Executive Warren C. Evans.
- Robert Bosch Plymouth Township Technical Center
- Yazaki NA HQ (one of the largest employers in Canton)
- Absopure Water Co (Corporate| Canton) 7900 Haggerty Rd, Canton, MI 48187, +1-800-499-9938, is Less than 830 meters from Lead Poisoning from Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip as shown on google Satellite map. Their second location, Absopure Fresh Brew Coffee Services (home), 8845 General Dr, Plymouth, MI 48170, +1-616-455-5700, is less than 230 meters Lead Poisoning from Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip as shown on google Satellite map.
- The Henry Ford Health System (home) announced it would redevelop the site formerly occupied by Kmart at 40855 Ann Arbor Road near Haggerty Road into a 120,000-square-foot Outpatient Medical Center in Plymouth Township Michigan. The location is dangerously less than 1.5km from Tetraethyl Lead Poisoning from State Owned Hobby, Sport, Recreational, Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip (GoogleMaps)!
- New Plymouth Township Michigan Medical Center | Henry Ford Health System – Detroit, MI – 40855 Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth MI 48170 (html)
- Henry Ford Health System | Henry Ford Health System – Detroit, MI (html)
- Henry Ford Medical Center – Plymouth | Henry Ford Health System – Detroit, MI – 14300 N Beck Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170 (html)
- Henry Ford Medical Center – Canton | Henry Ford Health System – Detroit, MI – 6100 N Haggerty Rd, Canton, MI 48187 (html)
- Blog | Henry Ford LiveWell (html)
- and many others including UM Health, Beaumont, Hella Electronics Corporation, and PCCS Schools (one of the largest employers in Wayne County serving over 18,000 families) [Youtube], etc.
It should be noted that once informed with the true medical, scientific, and technological facts regarding lead poisoning at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 are exposed, NOBODY, including those in the technical community, such as librarians, teachers, engineers, police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, technicians, software developers, professors, and scientists, want to live & raise a family, work, shop, or attend Special Events near any lead and chemical contamination and poisoning.
Special Events Close to Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 Lead Poisoning in the Canton Plymouth Area
Plymouth Fall Festival
Friday, September 6, 2019 – 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Saturday, September 7, 2019 – 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Sunday, September 8, 2019 – 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Please see the awesome Plymouth Fall Festival Guidebook for more details.
Please Visit WWW.DOWNTOWNPLYMOUTH.ORG For More Information About Area Hotels, Delicious Restaurants, Wonderful Shopping and Fun Things To Do While Visiting The Plymouth Fall Festival at Kellogg Park in downtown Plymouth, MI!
Defiant (childish) Special Interests and Industry Lobbyist groups conduct many ongoing local airstrip spectacles & tantrums, e.g. Father’s Day Pancake Breakfast on Sunday June 16, 2019 (see matching 2018 spectacle), giving local schools, neighborhoods, & communities the middle finger by continued Tetraethyl Lead poisoning of vulnerable populations. MDOT or the State of Michigan won’t or can’t seem to do anything and don’t even seem interested in protecting residents Health, Safety, and Welfare!
Special Interests & Industry Lobbyist groups believe that by showing pictures of young children in airplanes & helicopters, usually their own or their friends, or merely mentioning the words scholarship or cadet provides some special dispensation or somehow magically justifies poisoning other people with Leaded 100LL Aviation Fuel Tetraethyl Lead. Is this how we set examples & teach young people to respect human health and other’s schools & communities? Fine examples of truly poor management judgment and decisions.
The Most Absurd, Outrageous, Unbelievable & Insulting MDOT Headlines of 2019
Ford Motor Company and Amazon Invest $1.3B in Nearby Plymouth Township Based Rivian, MDOT Ignores Over 1M Michigan Child Blood Lead Level (BLL) Results That Show Child Lead Poisoning, So Vindictive Special Interests & Industry Lobbyists Morons at MDOT Owned Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 Airstrip Throw Another “Fathers Day Pancake Breakfast” Celebration Using MDOT Resources Paid For With Local, State & Federal Tax Dollars!
The “Fathers Day Pancake Breakfast Lead Poisoning” event is located on State of Michigan (MDOT) owned Hobby, Sport, Recreational Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airstrip property implying that MDOT and therefore the State of Michigan endorse, condone, support, sponsor, and or otherwise approve of Lead Poisoning. This is the same weekend as Canton Township Liberty Fest, Liberty Fest Run, and precedes the Concours d’Elegance of America.
It should be noted that fund raising for Plymouth Canton Schools PCCS High School Clubs & Sports activities, e.g. Computer Clubs, Pom-Pom Squads, Cheerleaders, or Debate Teams, etc. or any other fund raising for that matter, have never been allowed at State owned Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 facilities using the full resources, equipment, and manpower made available to Special Interests & Industry Lobbyists for many years at no charge and with zero cost sharing for State of Michigan owned assets, e.g. taxpayers pick up the tab.
These MDOT actions are highly irregular, misleading, fraudulent, discriminatory, and completely inappropriate and should be halted immediately in the interest of promoting and protecting the Health, Safety, and Welfare of our most vulnerable populations including nearby school children, babies, adolescents, families, nursing & pregnant mothers, retired & elderly at the many local assisted care living & rehabilitation facilities. The 2018 MDOT event affectionately called the “MDOT Lead Poisoning Carnival”, and it’s massive environmental impact are documented in detail, and the 2019 event will be the same!
BTW: the Special Interest / Industry Lobbyist funds raised are NOT available to the general public, e.g. kids who really need the money, these awards have only been made available to select handpicked friends and family of MDOT appointed 3rd party contractor, Special Interests / Industry Lobbyists, or MDOT that meet criteria put forth to purposely limit the [phony] scholarships to meet their own biased criteria. Special Interest / Industry Lobbyist should do it the way the rest of us do AND pay for it themselves.
Other 2019 Special events for the Canton Plymouth area include:
The Canton Liberty Fest | Canton Township, MI – Official Website. The 2019 Canton Liberty Fest, sponsors include Beaumont, Community Financial, The Goddard School, IKEA, Sysco, and is hosted by Canton Township, Michigan, located at 1150 S Canton Center Road, Canton, MI 48188-1699, +1-734-394-5100. This is Canton’s 28th Annual Liberty Fest: and takes place from Thursday, June 13 thru Saturday, June 15, 2019.
The Canton Township Liberty Run takes place June 15, 2019, sponsors include the Michigan Fitness Foundation, Absopure Corporate | Canton, Orange Theory Fitness, Running Fit, and Canton Liberty Fest.
The Concours d’Elegance 2019 coming to Plymouth reports the Plymouth Voice. Concours USA is located at 1728 Maplelawn Drive, Troy, Michigan 48084, +1-248-643-8645, [about], and sponsors the 2019 Concours d’Elegance of America event that will be held at the Inn at St. John’s in Plymouth Township, Michigan, which is located at 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, MI 48170 [Visit Detroit] [Plymouth Chamber] [Catholic Archdiocese]. The event is held on the 2019 Concours weekend, which is July 26 thru July 28, 2019.