Help Save Willow Run and the Historic Willow Run Bomber Plant, support the Yankee Air Museum – Move 1d2 aircraft to this wonderful facility that’s only 11 miles (7nm) away and has far superior facilities!
Willow Run – General Aviation
The First Class Airport in the area: With three Fixed Based Operator (FBO) locations to serve you, Willow Run Airport can provide all the services necessary for your flight operations. Fuel, deicing, aircraft cleaning and maintenance, catering, hotel reservations, and rental cars are just a few of the services available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
General Aviation – If flying is your passion, Willow Run Airport is your destination. Not too big, and not too small, but just right for your flying needs. With a 24 hour FAA Tower and multiple runways including an all weather ILS runway Willow Run can meet your needs. Go to the “Flight Planning” page for information on FBO and other services offered at the airport. YIP is the perfect location and can easily absorb all of 1d2 operations and could really use its funding!
Changes ahead for Willow Run Airport: Runway expansion in 10-year, $182M plan
Save Rosie’s Factory: Historic Willow Run Bomber Plant | DONATE NOW, Save The Willow Run Bomber Plant
THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN Air Show – 2017 Air Show at Willow Run
Yankee Air Museum | Where History Takes Flight at Willow Run
Willow Run Airport – Wikipedia
Home – Aerospace Industries Association
The Voice of American Aerospace and Defense Industries. Today, more than 340 major aerospace and defense companies and their suppliers are members of the association, embodying every high-technology manufacturing segment of the U.S. aerospace and defense industry including commercial aviation and avionics, manned and unmanned defense systems, and space technologies and satellite communications.
Aircraft Year Book – 1927, provided courtesy of Aerospace Industries Association.
Other links of interest, that might be useful or interesting, e.g. some childhood heroes and memories:
- General Chuck Yeager | The Official Website
- Profile of John Glenn | NASA
- Yankee Air Museum | Where History Takes Flight
- Bell X-1 – Wikipedia
- NASA Armstrong Fact Sheet: X-15 Hypersonic Research Program | NASA
- North American X-15 – Wikipedia
- Welcome – National Naval Aviation Museum
- Home | The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine | National-Academies.org | Where the Nation Turns for Independent, Expert Advice
- Canton Township, Michigan Trail System Overview
- Canton To Celebrate National Trails Day at Lower Rouge Trail – Plymouth, MI Patch
- National Museum of the United States Air Force – Wikipedia
The National Museum of the United States Air Force is the official museum of the United States Air Force located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, 6 miles northeast of Dayton, Ohio. The NMUSAF is the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world, with more than 360 aircraft and missiles on display.
- National Museum of the USAF
- Air Force Magazine
- Rotary-Wing Aircraft – The Henry Ford [wikipedia] – Museum, Greenfield Village & Rouge Factory
Useful State of Michigan References
- A Citizen’s Guide to State Government 2017–2018 Michigan Legislature (pdf)
- Changes and Choices: Legal Rights Of Senior Adults [Michigan] (pdf)
- Consumer Protection Resource Guide: Be A Knowledgeable Consumer Michigan] (pdf)
- For the People… By The People… How State and Local Governments Operate (pdf)
- The Legislative Process In Michigan: A Student’s Guide (pdf)
- Michigan Constitution (pdf)
- Services for Seniors: Laws And Programs for Senior Adults [Michigan] (pdf)
- Your Child: A Parent’s Guide to Health And Safety [Michigan] (pdf)
- MDOT Fast Facts 2018, dated January 1, 2018 (pdf).
- MDOT Aviation in Michigan (pdf) – How Aviation in Michigan Works.
- Michigan Aviation System Plan (MASP) 2017 (pdf) by MDOT – Planning & Development (html), Executive Summary (pdf).
- MCL, Chapter 259. Aviation, Aeronautics Code Of The State Of Michigan Act 327 of 1945 (html) (pdf).
- Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 Minimum Standards for Commercial Operations, April 1, 2015 (pdf).
- Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 Rules and Regulations, October 13, 1994 (pdf).
- Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 Noise Abatement Procedure (NAP), (Not dated, but then again nobody respects the NAP now or ever has!) (pdf).