Oakland County International Airport is a county-owned public-use airport located in Waterford Township, Oakland County, Michigan, United States. The airport is located approximately 1 mile from the center of Waterford Township and Oakland County.
Once informed with the true medical, scientific, and technological facts regarding lead poisoning at Oakland County International Airport (KPTK) (PTK), NOBODY, including those in the technical community, such as librarians, teachers, engineers, police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, technicians, software developers, students, professors, and scientists, want to live, raise a family, work, or shop near any lead and chemical contamination and poisoning.
MDOT – The Michigan Department of Transportation & Lead Poisoning
Michigan taxpayers have a right to know one of the best kept MDOT secrets of Pure Michigan: Lead Poisoning from small airplanes & helicopters using 100LL leaded aviation fuel. This is common knowledge, and is well known in the aviation industry for over a decade. Taxpayers also have a right to know they are funding their own Lead Poisoning with hard earned tax dollars. This appears to be an MDOT coverup just like the Flint Lead Poisoning Debacle all over again.
Anyone that shops, works, lives or raises a family within 3 kilometers of an airport using 100LL leaded aviation fuel should be concerned with lead and chemical contamination, including PFAS used at many airports, especially FAA Part 139 airports where PFAS use has been regular practice for several decades. Lead poisoning and chemical contamination cause personal injury, property damage, and is very expensive & time consuming to clean up and remediate around schools, playgrounds, homes, rivers, streams, ponds, lakes, parks, beaches, neighborhoods, churches, and at shutdown or otherwise abandoned airports, etc.
MDOT – The Michigan Department of Transportation has betrayed the public trust and has:
- Utterly failed to protect vulnerable populations, including babies, young children, students, families, nursing & pregnant mothers, retired & elderly from Lead Poisoning
- Done nothing to mitigate, investigate, or publicly acknowledge Lead Poisoning
- Done nothing to warn anyone in the State of Michigan regarding Lead Poisoning
- Remained silent (acquiesce), obscured, and even hidden the truth by knowingly and purposely withholdingvital information (acquiesce) from the public about ongoing Lead Poisoning of Schools and Communities.
- Condoned, endorsed, and even promoted Special Interest & Industry Lobbyist Hobby, Sport, Recreational activities over the Health, Safety, and Welfare of vulnerable populations and the general public. The State of Michigan web site even advertises Special Interest & Industry Lobbyist events that imply Lead Poisoning is ‘ok’ with MDOT and the State of Michigan.
- Severe conflicts of interest, e.g. friends, family, or personally belong to Special Interest & Industry Lobbyist group(s), and own, buy, sell, lease, use, charter, rent, or service aircraft and helicopters using 100LL leaded aviation fuel, rampant cronyism & favoritism, many get paid for ‘services’ by MDOT directly or indirectly thru third party contractors.
- A focus ‘all about the money’ for ‘well to do’ people with million $ personal Helicopters, and Cirrus SR-22s starting at $539,000+, and Staudacher S600F Professional Stunt Planes.
The public is waiting as Governor Whitmer declared that she would protect the Health, Safety, and Welfare of all Michigan citizens and enforce a strict code of Ethics that is badly needed within MDOT.
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) Bureaucracy, as with all public servants, must abide by the highest standards of the State of Michigan (SoM) set forth by Governor Whitmer to Protect the Health, Safety, and Welfare [PressRelease] [html] [pdf] and enforce a strict code of [Ethics] and be held accountable for knowingly remaining silent (acquiesce) while contributing to the sum of Community Health, Safety, & Welfare negligence & malpractice, financial waste, misuse of taxpayer funds and the consequences of public funding abuse (html)!
Nearby White Lake Township, Holly, Commerce, Walled Lake, Huron Valley, West Bloomfield, Waterford, Clarkston, Pontiac Schools Considered ‘Collateral Damage’ by MDOT Leaded 100LL Aviation Fuel Tetraethyl Lead Poisoning Negligence and Malpractice
Within the boundaries of White Lake Township, there are five school districts.
- Clarkston Community Schools
- Holly Area Schools
- Huron Valley Schools
- Walled Lake Community School District
- Waterford Community Schools
Commerce Township School Districts (html)
300 Livingston Road
Highland, MI 48357
Spring Mills Elementary
3150 Harvey Lake Road
Highland, MI 48356
Milford High School
2380 Milford Road
Highland, MI 48357