The mission statement and single goal of the close1d2.org web site is about protecting children from lead poisoning!
NOTE: The single mission of this site is to eliminate Lead Poisoning of children in PCCS Schools and Plymouth & Canton neighborhoods from 100LL leaded aviation fuel used at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airport!
This site is NOT against Aerospace & Defense, love of country, or patriotism by any means. Lead Poisoning of children has nothing to do with any of these topics! On the contrary, we salute the many fine Airmen & Airwomen protecting our country every single day! Some of the close1d2.org volunteers & contributors thrive in the excitement of the Aerospace & Defense Industry!
Patriotism or national pride is the ideology of love and devotion to a homeland, and a sense of alliance with other citizens who share the same values. A vigorous support for one’s country and love, respect, and appreciation of Aerospace and Defense technology and engineering have nothing to do with Lead Poisoning of children in schools and neighborhoods from 100LL leaded aviation fuel used at Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2 airport! Please don’t confuse the issues, we certainly do not!
Please Never Forget:
All gave some, some gave All
National Resource Directory (NRD.gov) | Connecting our Service Members & Veterans – a Web portal that connects Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans and Families with those who support them. An Online Partnership for Wounded, Ill, and/or Injured Service Members, Veterans, Their Families and Those that Support Them.
- National Resource Directory: About the National Resource Directory (NRD) (pdf)
- DoD Warrior Care (html) (pdf) | Proactively supporting wounded, ill, and/or injured Service members in their recovery and reintegration or transition to civilian life
- Department of Defense Compensation and Benefits Handbook for Wounded, Ill, and/or Injured Service Members, June 2019 Edition (pdf)
- The Official Web Site of the Military Health System (MHS) Home | Health.mil | Warrior Care (html)
A Few other useful links:
- National Salute to Veteran Patients (html) – VA Voluntary Service (VAVS)
- National Veterans Small Business Week (html) | U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA.gov)
- 4 In-Demand Jobs That Value Military Skills (html), November 2018, U.S. Veterans Magazine (html), Brad Miller, TheMilitaryGuide.org
- Carry The Load.org (html)
Some close1d2.org volunteers and contributors actively perform or have performed related work (non-clearance) directly or indirectly for many Airframe Original Equipment Manufacturers, Aerospace Suppliers, & Aerospace Propulsion companies including:
Airbus, Airbus Helicopters (formerlyEurocopter), BAE Systems, Bell Flight, Bell Helicopters, Blue Origin, Boeing, Bombardier Business Aircraft, COMAC Shanghai Aircraft Design and Research Institute, Embraer, GE Aviation, GE Honda Aero Engines, Gulfstream Aerospace, Honda Jet, Joby Aviation, Lockheed Martin, MD Helicopters, MIT, NASA, Mecaplex, Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation, National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) at Wichita State University (WSU), Northrup Gruman, Pratt & Whitney (P&W), Rockwell Collins, Rolls Royce Aircraft Engines, Safran Aircraft Engines, Safran Helicopter Engines, Sikorsky, Solar Impulse Foundation, Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX), Terrafugia, Textron, United Technologies, and many others.
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)(AFRL overview), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), F-35 Lightning II Program AKA Joint Strike Fighter (JSF), NASA Langley Research Center (NASALRC), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) nee Defense Mapping Agency (DMA), United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) nee Strategic Air Command (SAC), WPAFB National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) nee WPAFB Foreign Technology Division (FTD), Wright-Patterson Airforce Base (WPAFB) (WPAFBSS) (Area A & Area B maps) (old non-working removed map links Area A & Area B not sure why?), and many others. Additional Aerospace & Defense R & D information can be located at the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC), and NAVAIR News.
- United States Navy (career)
- E-2 Hawkeye 2000 [wikipedia][NorthrupGruman][Navy] [Navy]
- E-2D Advanced Hawkeye [NorthrupGruman][Navy] [Navy]
- C-2A Greyhound [wikipedia][NorthrupGruman][Navy]
- CH-53K [wikipedia][LockheedMartin]
- E2-D Advanced Hawkeye [AirForce][Navy]
- EA-18 Growler [wikipedia][Boeing]
- EA-6B Prowler [wikipedia][NorthrupGruman][Navy] [MAPS]
- F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet [wikipedia][wikipedia][Boeing][NorthrupGruman][Navy]
- MQ-4C BAMS UAS – Broad Area Maritime Surveillance, Unmanned Aircraft System [NorthrupGruman][Navy] [NavalTech]
- MQ-8B Fire Scout [wikipedia][NorthrupGruman][NorthrupGruman][USNI] [DOT&E]
- Skytug [wikipedia][Skytug]
- United States Army (career)
- United States Air Force (career)
- A-10 Warthog [wikipedia][PopularMechanics][Boeing][Smithsonian]
- GPS III [wikipedia][GPS][AirForce][LockheedMartin]
- Next Generation Bomber [wikipedia][wikipedia][NorthrupGruman]
- T-38 Talon Trainer [wikipedia][NorthrupGruman][AirForce][AirForce]
- X-51A Waverider [wikipedia][AirForce][Boeing][Nasa]
- A-10 Warthog [wikipedia][PopularMechanics][Boeing][Smithsonian]
- United States Marines (career)
F-35 crashes at Eglin AFB, pilot successfully ejected and in stable condition. 2nd crash at base in four days (html) | Airforce Times. Florida fighter jet crash (html) – Bing News. Florida fighter jet crash (html) Google News – Search. F-35 and F-22 | Elon Musk Says the Fighter Jet Is Dead (html) | Popular Mechanics. ‘The Fighter Jet Era Has Passed’ (html) – Air Force Magazine.
Some close1d2.org contributors and volunteers have been lucky enough to have spent time at R & D (skunkworks) or military flight lines and had an opportunity to meet such legends as John Glenn and Chuck Yeager [wikipedia][EarthSky][org] whom would regularly pass thru such places as WPAFB (FFO), which used to get at least 50% of the total Air Force budget. Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) currently has more than 26,000 Airmen & Airwomen, civilian and contractor employees, as described by DoD WPAFB which is part of the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC).
Other relevant web sites:
- Coast Guard
- Department of Defense (DoD) – Defense Agencies– Government Information (GOV.)
- Air National Guard
- Army National Guard
- Join the Military| USAGov
- National Guard [Army]
- National Guard – Official Website of the National Guard [Army]
The Today’s Military website is produced by the United States Department of Defense. This site is not intended as a recruiting tool for any branch of the U.S. Military. Rather, it was developed as a resource for young adults, parents and educators curious about military service.
Every day, many thousands of service members devote themselves to protecting freedoms, maintaining peace, providing relief and supporting policy around the globe. The environments can be dangerous. The conditions can be challenging. The stakes are always high. And though the majority of military jobs are not in direct combat operations, rigorous personal demands are the rule. It requires self-discipline, education, intense physical work and a dedication to excellence. Deployments can mean extended periods away from friends and family. But, for many, the benefits of service — training, honor, education, adventure, travel, pay and self-discovery — can be tremendous.
- Air Force
- Air Force Reserve
- Air National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Army National Guard
- Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Reserve
- Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Navy Reserve
Cockpit view as United States Navy Blue Angels Detroit Flyover
United State Navy Blue Angels fly over Detroit: See the view from the cockpit (html).
- ‘Michigan Strong’ flyover wows metro Detroit: Photos, video (html)
- Another tribute to front line workers takes to Metro Detroit skies (html)
- Blue Angels flyover Dearborn, rest of Metro Detroit as a tribute to frontline COVID-19 responders (html) | pressandguide.com
- Blue Angels to fly over Metro Detroit today: How and where to see them (html)
- Blue Angels fly over Detroit Tuesday to salute essential workers (html)
- Blue Angels to fly over Detroit to thank coronavirus essential workers (html)
Cockpit View of United States Navy Blue Angels Detroit Flyover
Drone Flies Too Close to United States Navy Blue Angels in Detroit Flyover
‘Irresponsible, ignorant, arrogant & reckless’: WATCH drone risk COLLISION with Blue Angels stunt squad to capture Detroit flyover footage. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) should take action against more of these same clowns operating a UAS.
- Drone flies close to Blue Angels in flyover Detroit, report says (html).
- Drone flies close to Blue Angels in flyover Detroit, report says (html) (html) – Camera drone footage shows a small drone coming close to the six F/A-18 Hornets during their loop over southeast Michigan on Tuesday.
- Drone Flies Dangerously Close to Blue Angels in Detroit America Strong Flyover. (html) – The Aviationist.
SpaceX’s Starship SN4 prototype explodes after rocket engine test
Tragic Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds Acrobatic Jet Crash 05-2020
Our heartfelt condolences to all!
- Bird strike may have caused deadly Canadian Snowbirds jet crash, ministry says (html) – Reuters. Bird strike may have caused fatal Snowbird crash, early investigation finds (html) | National Post.
- Canada Snowbirds Captain Jenn Casey Dies in Jet Crash Shortly After Takeoff (html) | PEOPLE.com.
- Capt. Jenn Casey identified as Snowbirds crash victim (html) | National Post.
- One crew member dead and another injured after Canadian Snowbirds plane crashes ahead of flypast (html) | Daily Mail Online.
- One dead after Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds acrobatic jet crashes into home (html) – BBC News.
- News Article | Canadian Forces Snowbirds launch cross-Canada tour (html)
- Snowbirds (html) | Royal Canadian Air Force
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds (html) – Twitter Search / Twitter
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds (html) – Home | Facebook
- Royal Canadian Air Force (html)
- The Royal Canadian Air Force (html) | Canadian Armed Forces
- Royal Canadian Air Force (html) – Canada.ca
- Royal Canadian Air Force Association (html) – “Per Ardua Ad Astra”
Russian SU Jets Chase US Nuclear-Capable B-1B Lancer Strategic Bombers
WATCH Russian jets chase US nuclear-capable B-1B Lancer [Boeing] [Wikipedia] strategic bombers away from country’s borders, © Russian Defense Ministry, Министерство обороны Российской Федерации, Минобороны России (МО РФ .ru) [Wikipedia].
Russian SU Jets Chase US Nuclear-Capable B-1B Lancer
- TASS Russian News Agency (html).
- Новости в России и мире – ТАСС (html .ru).
- The Information Telegraph Agency of Russia (ITAR-TASS) (html .ru) – The Russian Government.
- TASS (html) | LinkedIn.
- TASS (html) – Wikipedia.
- ITAR-TASS (html) | Russian news agency | Britannica.
- Russian Jets Intercept Two U.S. Bombers Over Black, Baltic Seas (html) – Bloomberg. Russian jets ‘intercept’ American bombers over the Black Sea (html) | Daily Mail Online
- World War III (WW3) fears: Russian jets intercept US nuclear bombers amid Putin-Trump military tensions (html) | World | News | Express.co.uk
- Russia’s Su-57 Stealth Fighter (html) | Unmanned Fighter Jets | Popular Mechanics.
- Watch Russian jets intercept Navy plane (html) | Navy Times. Armed Russian Fighters Fly Dangerously Close to U.S. Navy Patrol Plane Over The Mediterranean. Russian Fighter Jets Buzz U.S. Navy Jet (html) – Video | P-8A Poseidon | Popular Mechanics.
- If Russia started World War III, here’s how it would go down (html) | Military Times.
- Assessing Threats to U.S. Vital Interests (html) | The Heritage Foundation (html) | Military Strength. The United States is a global power with global interests. 2020 Threats to U.S. Vital Interests (pdf). 2019 Threats to U.S. Vital Interests (pdf).
- Preventing Escalation in the Baltics: A NATO Playbook (html) – Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (html) (pdf). Ulrich Kühn (html): Preventing Escalation in The Baltics; A Nato Playbook – The risk of serious military escalation between NATO and Russia is higher than ever before since the end of the Cold War. In a time marked by the erosion of trust and increasing tensions between Moscow and the West, Ulrich Kühn’s report offers sensible, well-measured and timely recommendations that can help to avoid both contributing to a dangerous arms race and underestimating the threat emanating from Russia. The call for a comprehensive NATO strategy that includes deterrence and assurance, but also resilience and risk-reduction measures should be mandatory reading for policymakers worried about our sleepwalking into a serious confrontation over the Baltics.
- Full article: Between a rock and a hard place: Europe in a post-INF world (html) (pdf).
Great Aircraft Carrier Take Offs
The Absolute Best Three Second Aircraft Carrier Take Off Ever!
The Second Best Three Second Aircraft Carrier Take Off Ever!
Footage Of The A-7E’s Ramp Strike on USS Midway in 1984 Says A Lot About The Dangers Of A Pitching Deck (html) – The Aviationist – A deadly 1984 crash shows just how dangerous aircraft carrier takeoffs & landings can be.
More United State Navy Blue Angels Flyover Video
2020 Cockpit view of elite US Navy’s Blue Angels Squadron multi-city tour fly-over to honor COVID-19 frontline workers.
US Navy Blue Angels to fly over Detroit on Tuesday in salute to front-line workers (html). Blue Angels to fly over Detroit to thank coronavirus essential workers (html) – Flyovers to lift morale, salute heroes at forefront of COVID-19 (html) – Military crews from the Selfridge Air National Guard Base will take to the skies in A-10 Warthog aircraft Monday in an effort to help lift morale in cities across Michigan and salute heroes at the forefront in the fight against COVID-19. Blue Angels & National Guard Flyovers Tuesday In Michigan (html) | WWJ Newsradio 950.
What are Memorial Day, Armed Forces Day and Veterans Day?
Each group is honored with their own separate holiday.
What is Memorial Day?
- Q – What and who are the focus of Memorial Day?
- A – Honor men and women who gave their lives while serving in the U.S. military.
- Memorial Day is held on the last Monday in May.
- [Wikipedia] [History.com] [Britannica.com]
Memorial Day Observance in the State of Michigan
OPINION: This Memorial Day, let’s honor the sacrifices of the fallen (html) | Detroit News. Hon. Michael Warren (html) (pdf), Oakland County Circuit Court (html) (html), co-creator of Patriot Week (html), You and the Law (pdf), and author of America’s Survival Guide (html).
OPINION: A different, but still essential, Memorial Day (html) | Detroit Free Press. Dr. Richard Stone, M.D. is the executive-in-charge, Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs (html) of the Veterans Health Administration (html). He is a retired Army major general and veteran of the war in Afghanistan, and served as U.S. Army Deputy Surgeon General (html). He was born and raised in Michigan and is a proud alumnus of the Wayne State University (html) School of Medicine (html).
What is United States Armed Forces Day (AFD)?
- Q – What and who are the focus of Armed Forces Day?
- A – Honors the nation’s military forces. Armed Forces Day in the United States is a joint celebration of all six branches of the U.S. military: Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Space Force, and the Coast Guard.
- Armed Forces Day is on the third Saturday in May.
- [Wikipedia] [Govinfo.gov]
- Armed Forces Day – Observances (html) | WomenVetsUSA for Women with Military Experience.
- Armed Forces Day (html) – Wikipedia.
- Armed Forces Day: May 16, 2020 (html) | US Census Bureau.
- What is Armed Forces Day? (html) | Fox Business– Armed Forces Day was designed to expand public understanding of what type of job is performed and the role of the military in civilian life per the Department of Defense (html).
- Armed Forces Day 2020 (html).
- Proclamation on Armed Forces Day, 2020 (html) | The White House.
- When is Armed Forces Day? (html) · United Service Organizations (USO).
- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) – Armed Forces Day (html) AFD History (html).
What is Veterans Day?
- Q – What and who are the focus of Veterans Day?
- A – Honors military veterans, e.g. persons who have served in the U.S. military.
- Veterans Day is held on November 11 (the anniversary of the end of WWI).
- [Wikipedia] [History.com] [History.com] [Britannica.com]
What Will Future Air Travel Look Like?
Future Air Travel: Four-Hour Process, Self Check-In, Disinfection, Immunity Passes (html) – The new protocols and standards are being defined following feedback from associations representing the different travel sectors including International Air Transport Association (IATA), the Airport Council International (ACI), Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), United States Travel Association (USTA), Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the European Travel Commission (ETC), and the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
United States Space Force (USSF)
United States Space Force Recruitment Video.
“Maybe your purpose on this planet isn’t on this planet”
- United States Space Force – Home (html).
- United States Space Force (html) – Wikipedia.
- Space Force rolls out recruitment video: ‘Maybe your purpose isn’t on this planet’ (html) – SpaceNews.com.
- Watch the first-ever Space Force recruiting ad (html) | MilitaryTimes.com.
- Space Force drops first recruitment video: “Maybe your purpose on this planet isn’t on this planet” (html) – CBS News.
- United States Space Force (@SpaceForceDoD) / Twitter – Maybe your purpose on this planet isn’t on this planet.
- United States Space Force Career Redirect (html).
- U.S. Air Force – Career Browser – Space (html).
- United States Space Force: Purpose :30 Commercial (html) – YouTube – Maybe your purpose on this planet isn’t on this planet.
- U.S. Air Force and Space Force Recruiting (html) – YouTube Channel – The future’s not coming, it’s already here. Maybe your purpose on this planet isn’t on this planet.
- United States Space Force Recruitment Video (html) > United States Space Force > News.
- United States Space Force (html) – Home | Facebook.
- United States Space Force (USSF) (html) – MlitaryBenefits.info.
Air Force bases which primarily operate in the space realm will be re-designated as Space Force Bases. A possible list of re-designations includes the following:
- Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado [AFB] [Wikipedia].
- Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado [AFB] [Wikipedia].
- Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado [AFB] [Wikipedia].
- Patrick Air Force Base, Florida [AFB] [Wikipedia].
- Vandenberg Air Force Base, California [AFB] [Wikipedia].
- Cavalier Air Force Station, North Dakota [AFS] [Wikipedia].
- Clear Air Force Station, Alaska [AFS] [Wikipedia].
- Thule Air Base, Greenland [ABG] [Wikipedia].
Important Command & Control Centers:
- CENTCOM: U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base (AFB), Tampa, Florida [Wikipedia].
- AFRICOM:S. Africa Command, Kelley Barracks (html), Stuttgart, Germany [Wikipedia].
- euCOM: U.S. European Command, Patch Barracks (html), Stuttgart, Germany [Wikipedia].
- NORTHCOM: U.S. Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base (AFB), Colorado [Wikipedia].
- INDOPACOM: U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith (html), Hawaii [Wikipedia].
- SOUTHCOM: U.S. Southern Command, Miami, Florida [Wikipedia]
- SOCOM: U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base (AFB), Tampa, Florida [Wikipedia].
- TRANSCOM: U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base (AFB), Illinois [Wikipedia].
- STRATCOM: U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base (AFB), Nebraska [Wikipedia].
- CYBERCOM: U.S. Cyber Command, Fort Meade (html), Maryland [Wikipedia].
NASA Artemis Accords for International Space Cooperation
‘Star Trek, not Star Wars:’ NASA releases basic principles for moon exploration pact (html) – Reuters. NASA lays out ‘Artemis Accords’ for responsible moon exploration (html) | Space. NASA announces Artemis Accords for international cooperation in lunar exploration (html) – SpaceNews.com. NASA creates Artemis Accords in effort to extend its values to the Moon (html) | Ars Technica – We don’t want to only carry astronauts to the Moon, we want to carry our values.
NASA unveils ‘Artemis Accords,’ international partnerships for 2024 mission (html) – NASA developed the Artemis Accords alongside the White House’s National Space Council (html) [Wikipedia], the Department of State, the Department of Commerce.
NASA already has several international partners for its Lunar Gateway project, Bridenstine noted, including Japan, Canada, and the European Space Agency. The Artemis Accords focus on nations using and operating in space. NASA outline of its long-term approach to lunar exploration in NASA Artemis Accords (html) (pdf). NASA International Artemis Accords (pdf).
The early April Presidential Executive Order (html) supports the United States ability to mine resources from the Moon and other bodies, arguing that it does not conflict with the Outer Space Treaty.
- Office of Space Commerce (html) | Helping U.S. businesses use the unique medium of space to benefit our economy
- National Space Council Users’ Advisory Group (NSpC UAG) | NASA
- Who Owns the Moon? Law & Outer Space Treaties (html) | Space
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA).
- NASA (html)
- NASA (@NASA) (html) / Twitter
- NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine (html) | NASA
- Jim Bridenstine (@JimBridenstine) (html) / Twitte
United States Air Force HH-60G Pave Hawk Helicopter
Great cockpit view of United States Air Force HH-60G Pave Hawk Helicopter:
- HH-60G Pave Hawk (html) – DoDLive AIRMAN Magazine
- HH-60G Pave Hawk (html) > U.S. Air Force (html) > Fact Sheet Display.
- Sikorsky HH-60 Pave Hawk (html) – Wikipedia.
- After flying beyond their service life, Air Force Pave Hawks are finally getting replaced (html) – AirForceTimes.
- Air Force unveils HH-60W ‘Whiskey’ helicopters to replace Pave Hawks (html).
- Structural issues plague US Pave Hawk helicopters (html) – Defense News.
- HH-60G Pave Hawk Combat Search and Rescue Helicopter (html) – Airforce Technology.
- HH-60G PAVE Hawk (html) | Military.com.
- Sikorsky HH-60 Pave Hawk (html) – Wikipedia.
- AiirSource Military Channel (html) – YouTube.
- HeliHub.comThe Helicopter Industry Data Source.
- UH-60 Black Hawk (html) – Military Aircraft – Federation of American Scientists (FAS).
United States X-37B Space Plane
Why a microwave-beam experiment will launch aboard the Air Force’s secretive X-37B space plane (html) | Live Science. The X-37B belongs to the Air Force, but the Space Force is handling the launch. US Air Force’s Secretive X-37B Space Plane (Infographic). Space Force to launch X-37B space plane on secret mission Saturday. Here’s how to watch live. (html).
A United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket carrying an X-37B space plane stands atop Space Launch Complex 41 of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station on May 14, 2020 during launch preparations for the USSF-7 mission. “Our invincible American spirit drives us to motivate, collaborate, and innovate together to overcome adversity,” Secretary of the Air Force Barbara Barrett said in a statement. (html) “In dedicating this mission to the nation’s healthcare workers, first responders, and essential personnel, the Department celebrates those who are keeping America Strong.”
Complementary Rocket / Missile Space / Launch Companies:
- United Launch Alliance (ULA) [Wikipedia] ULA (@ulalaunch) (html) / Twitter
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (html) | Space Exploration (html) | Missile Defense (html) – This is Rocket Science.
- Home | Raytheon Technologies (html) | Raytheon Intelligence & Space (html) | Space Solutions (html) | Raytheon Missiles & Defense (html) Missile Defense (html).
- Rocket Lab (html) | Frequent and reliable access launch is now a reality.
- Arianespace (html) – Mission to success.
- Blue Origin (html).
- SpaceX (html).
The Pentagon Plans to Deploy An Arsenal Of Hypersonic Weapons In The 2020s (html) | Forbes. US Military’s Hypersonic Jet Could Fly 5 Times the Speed of Sound – Mach 5 (html) | Live Science. B-1B Lancer | The B-1 Bomber Might Carry Hypersonic Missiles (html) | Popular Mechanics.
U.S. Air Force F-22 Stealth Fighter Crashed
A U.S. Air Force F-22 Stealth Fighter Just Crashed. How Many Are Left? (html) (html) (html) (html). Lockheed built 195 production- and development-standard F-22s for a total cost of $67 billion, a sum that includes development but doesn’t include ongoing upgrades to the jets. The last Raptor rolled out of Lockheed’s Georgia factory in December 2011. Accidents in 2004, 2009 and 2010—and now the 2020 crash—have destroyed four Raptors. Other, older F-22s went into storage after running out of airframe-life. – The crash took place on a training range 12 miles northeast of the base and the Air Force said “there was no loss of life or civilian property damage related to the accident.” The F-22 is considered one of the most advanced fighter jets in the world. The US military only has about 183 of the aircraft in its inventory, according to an Air Force fact sheet.
Each jet costs approximately $143 million and production of F-22s ceased in 2011 as the Pentagon focused instead on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
Michigan Aerospace Manufacturing Association (MAMA)
NOTE: the Michigan Department of Transportation has absolutely NOTHING to do with Aerospace activity and jobs in the State of Michigan, it’s all hot air, blustering and exaggeration to mislead taxpayers.
- Michigan Aerospace Manufacturing Association (MAMA) – Home.
Please check back for more “About” information soon . . .
Organizing Communities, Neighborhoods, Families, and Parents to Protect Children from Lead Poisoning from Canton Plymouth Mettetal 1d2
Close1d2.org is organizing and forming a new volunteer community group:
HOPA – Home Owner and Parents Association (of Michigan)
“Families for a Better Community”
HOPA will consist of an ever growing number of concerned parents, single moms & dads, seniors/retirees, a former pilot who is an attorney, concerned small business owners, people in Canton, Plymouth, and surrounding communities that make their homes in apartments, condos, subdivisions, and anyone else that desires to make a positive difference in their community.
We are contacting every Home Owner Association (HOA) and group, small businesses, and all of our neighbors in the area for support. HOPA is already getting great response from the community. We hope this will be a viral rally call for all of the “Families for a Better Community” to unite!
HOPA supports a small single minded focused agenda via Close1d2.org – the following text is from letter #1 April 2017 sent to Governor Rick Snyder and other stakeholders (also see letter #2 September 2017), (also see #3 January 2019 to Governor Gretchen Whitmer, , #4 April 2019):
TO: Governor Rick Snyder et al.
RE: The purpose of this email and Close1d2.org web site is to:
Save the State of Michigan and Taxpayers significant amounts of hard earned taxpayer money while firstly protecting the Health, Safety, and Welfare of the Children of Canton, Plymouth, and surrounding communities from lead poisoning.
Taxpayers are being forced to subsidize “well to do” people that own personal aircraft by providing free airports such as 1d2 Canton-Plymouth Mettetal for personal, hobby, sport, recreational use.
Pilots should be paying for their own airports for personal hobby use rather than taxpayers like you and I that don’t fly. This is an expensive hobby that should be paid for by the people that choose to engage in it, not by outrageously including 1d2 as part of the State of Michigan or National infrastructure.
There are 22 airports within 50 miles of 1d2 Canton-Plymouth Mettetal airstrip that receive 51.4% of the total MDOT/FAA NPIAS 2017-2021 budget for the entire State of Michigan. This amounts to $365,600,480.00 out of $714,881,838.00. With rapidly decreasing personal pilot/aircraft numbers and demographics, the surrounding 22 airports can easily absorb any and all activities from 1d2.
Close 1d2 Canton-Plymouth Mettetal Airport now! – See https://close1d2.org for details
1d2 Canton-Plymouth Mettetal Airport is completely surrounded by almost a half million people occupying their schools, homes, and businesses. Canton, Plymouth, and surrounding communities have outgrown 1d2 which is now a major health and safety debacle in the middle of a suburban ‘densely populated area’. The densely populated neighborhoods of Canton and Plymouth includes many schools with well over 6,500 students that are within a 2.5 mile radius of 1d2, with many additional other PCCS schools for a total of 36 schools, some just slightly further away.
1d2 is an unacceptable health / safety risk to Canton, Plymouth, homes, schools and surrounding communities, and represents an unwarranted tax payer burden / penalty.
The State of Michigan (SoM) must STOP the:
- Toxic Lead Poisoning of schools via emissions from piston engine aircraft / helicopters using 100LL leaded avgas fuel at 1d2. Lead has accumulated on the community for almost 96 years.
- Taxation – taxpayers are sick and tired of hard earned taxes sacrificed via hidden fees to support 1d2, a strictly personal hobby, sport, recreational only venue:
- 1d2 duplicates facilities at YIP-Willow Run, ARB-Ann Arbor, and Y47-New Hudson. There are 22 airports within 50 miles of 1d2 that receive 51.4% of the total MDOT/FAA NPIAS 2017-2021 budget for the entire state, e.g. $365,600,480.00 out of $714,881,838.00.
- Wasted tax dollars on a $2.1 million dollar 2016 1d2 budget, including a new building for SRE (Snow Removal Equipment) and lawnmower(s), and overstaffing of up to 6 or more third party mgmt. co. employees billing the SoM. What other abuses are hidden from taxpayers in the SoM budget?
- No SoM transparency with “confidential” siphoning of tax revenues diverted to 1d2.
- SoM / Federal tax exploitation / abuse via 1d2 Tier 1 / ‘Reliever’ airport classification.
- Need “Pay to Play” for personal hobby, sport, recreational flying via E-ZPass Group.
- Need to prohibit Helicopter MRO Test Flights over schools and ‘densely populated neighborhoods’ of Canton, Plymouth, and surrounding communities.
- Need to prohibit Helicopter MRO HAZMAT Flights over schools and ‘densely populated neighborhoods’ of Canton, Plymouth, and surrounding communities.
- Need to prohibit Experimental Amateur Built (E-AB) aircraft Test Flights over schools and ‘densely populated neighborhoods’ of Canton, Plymouth, and surrounding communities.
NOTE: the State of Michigan does NOT require ANY aircraft liability insurance to cover people, damages on the ground, or passengers.
Start LEAD remediation / cleanup now using the 1d2 $2.1 million dollar budget, turn 63 acres of 1d2 toxic lead waste into a ‘green space’ for the whole community instead of a parking lot for several dozen hangar renters and a few minor business concerns taking advantage of taxpayers via State and Federal handouts at 1d2.
Save Our Children from lead Poisoning – Close 1d2 Canton-Plymouth Mettetal Airport Now!
Donate and join the community effort to close 1d2 and make a real impact for our children!
I did not include my address or phone number. After many repeated attempts to communicate with 1d2 airport personnel, I was harassed, discriminated against, and physically intimidated because of my age. My attorney has advised me not to go on 1d2 public airport property any longer. However, anyone may contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for respecting my family privacy!